cover2

Puzzle Project

Our assignment for Piecing It Together this week was to create a puzzle with an odd number of pieces. Nicole and I worked together to create and print 3D body scans of different body positions that would fit together.

Here’s a photo of our initial sketch:

drawing

We then used Skanect to do the body scans:

bridge-1

ball-1

We had some messups along the way:

messup2

But they turned out pretty well in the end:

We then worked on the scans in Meshmixer and Tinkercad. We removed the harness and the floor and added connectors to the bridge.

ball-2

bridge-2

Then prepped them in Makerbot desktop software and began to print. We ran into some issues with sizing and also the quality of the print. We reprinted a few times to get the right size and used an Exacto knife to clean up the models so they would look better and fit together.

supports

exacto

lots

Here’s how it turned out in the end:

final

Submit a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *